Unfettered Musings

Friday, October 29, 2004

Somebody finally said it.

I don't know about you, but the last few days I have been wishing that I had Kerry's personal cellphone number so I could call him and scream "STOP IT!!! Just STOP IT!!!" Same goes for most of the MSM. (Yes, I am aware that this is the second time in the short little life of my blog that I have expressed the need to scream. This election is enough to make anyone a tad nutty!)
Of all of the caches of exploves that our men have found and disposed of in Iraq, I am dumbfounded that Kerry has pinned all his hopes on a cache that may or may not have even been there, and that may or may not have been over 300 tons worth (or it could have been considerably less,), and that it is undoubtedly not the big deal, either way, that Kerry is trying desperately to paint it to be.
Today, Hugh Hewitt is reporting that the Washington Post has a front page article that states, in part:
"There is something truly absurd about focusing on 377 tons of rather ordinary explosives, regardless of what actually happened at al Qaqaa," Anthony H. Cordesman, a senior analyst at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, wrote in an assessment yesterday. "The munitions at al Qaqaa were at most around 0.06 percent of the total."

Finally!



On the same subject, Captain's Quarters has a terrific entry today regarding the video released by ABC that allegedly confirms that there were explosives at Al Qaqaa nine days after the fall of Saddam.

Hat Tip:
Hugh Hewitt
Captain's Quarters